|Re: [eigen] Date for the actual relicensing: Wednesday?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Date for the actual relicensing: Wednesday?
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:44:57 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=ovB+sl8vaCCqdrSmfc+Da32muoKNr89DSz2WRFSCLgw=; b=U+2/dA6/+0En8IJXo4lWdwa/AmzZvNuMMUz4q/a8DX+SB6oy2BGPsXjclVI3S+PBof 3c5/1FTzNMJmQI+1zpg2uMRfOSVqwtRoeM2sM3rDt9hNM1Ammdf6vpkkZ802mYrQzzJH 19xaDAu2xEZvNcfr0Lx31tUR2DPTAMylpbg0gqjMeosVAE7LTo5IEQVP2iagYtLKyjuz jDz1wKFikc/ig5qOracq6ZQFNCUEB5AaMlWtIbTHBdKnp7DR6q3cykg/JOKJ4bQb2Hf5 oToqZvirbFF8Ms4OMl1OQeHNmMRNBO3RSTX4F8NdWVA7qOy1nAdZtsSMZgiD8lA8wMYj q+PQ==
a EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY option does not harm, so it's ok to me. Currently it
concerns two files (entirely):
and so the two respective modules:
which are currently made of single files. I still hope to get a
positive answer from Tim Davis though.
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I plan to do this tomorrow.
> Gael: ping about the first email in this thread. Do you agree with
> EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY? What is the 3rdparty code that we have to put behind
> Let's aim to complete the relicensing by Friday!
> 2012/7/11 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Attached is a patch to add a relicensing script. The next patch will be a
>> first-run of the script for review (e.g. figure out what files need
>> exclusions). Benoit, do you want to commit this?
>> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> Can we agree to do the actual relicensing on Wednesday this week?
>>> This means that:
>>> 1.we will arbitrarily decide that we have enough contributor
>>> agreements and ignore the remaining ones. In fact, I believe that we
>>> have enough already: with the only exception of Ken Riddile, all other
>>> missing contributors have contributed at most 2 patches each.
>>> 2. we will have to deal with 3rdparty LGPL code for which we do not
>>> have agreement to relicense. IIUC (Gael is tracking this) currently
>>> that's 2 pieces used in the Sparse module. Maybe we should have a
>>> EIGEN_MPL2_ONLY option. Up to Gael.
>>> 3. we need to have the relicensing scripts (replacing license headers
>>> while keeping copyright lines) ready. Keir are you taking care of