|Re: [eigen] Relicensing Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Relicensing Eigen
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:15:53 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=pLyeK/eDQLu/auleHetwFNXcXkBiMLGqLUMoAYIhisc=; b=L6hL4oVqseEd5ZzOIPnC4dTXoIl6H4hR99uaPYxedrzMuHXzjoey64hMoQD8fLqBlN Q52Fp88eU/DWk9EIgS+uXrvpjyhmLF6GvD52TB+e+LdPuWqilhsh+/kEht2UTRb7l6Hy gswViKzRtxItUFEzDDmFd7m5CFMNJSPzS/t0qEAnalTA5iQLyKb9I/PJZt3MbKYuK/Av AqgUrfTBCO3f1ehtAdNwfHIMqzKCsLsmX4iz/EAT0BL9PHPbNURTrVpfEUVGlrhn7PCc 8nfllEvLlkcuyEtETvtBxcn8uOFF899HowBa935pJbiuGOec2igYVMQd9QahyZrcA5tQ 8iyw==
I have had a new look at the MPL text and faq and am now very
confident about GPL compatibility. I posted by conclusions in a new
thread. Let's continue that conversation there if needed. Any input on
this topic, especially from GPL experts, MPL experts, or lawyers,
would remain very helpful.
2012/6/28 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Anyone wanting to help speed up this process, here is how you can help:
> Read the MPL2 text carefully and report here on exactly what is the
> status of GPL compatibility, report if we need to do anything
> non-default to enable GPL compatibility, and point to precise
> sentences in the MPL2 text.
> the MPL2: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
> the FAQ: http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/FAQ.html
> 2012/6/28 Marcus D. Hanwell <marcus.hanwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> OSS-knowledgeable lawyer
>>> Those are like doctors. Best to get a second opinion. Maybe a third
>>> and fourth. :)
>> We have sought a few ourselves, and it is has been one of our main
>> issues in using this. I don't know the exact time frame, but Benoit
>> just recently posted an update on this.
>> Virtually everything I do is released BSD, and in the business world
>> the sheer size and complexity of the GPL licenses can be a real
>> impediment to using libraries. It is great to see Eigen moving to a
>> simpler license.
>> Hopefully Benoit (or others) will be around with more details soon.