Re: [eigen] Decrease in performances

On 26 June 2012 23:07, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now about optimizing the check itself, before implementing subtle mechanisms I'd like to see an example of any performance hit.

Instead of optimizing the check, would it be possible to argue that it's the user's responsibility and not ours to ensure that row * col does not overflow (which we should of course clearly document)? In that case, the check would only need to take place when NDEBUG is not defined, but not in production code.

Jitse