Re: [eigen] Eigen 3.1 release plans

On 02.05.2012 10:03, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
Regarding bug 422, I would simply update the documentation to state
it's mostly for internal use and it is not recommended to use it.

Internal use such as what?
And more important, for people who specifically require column major matrices, is it save enough to assume EDTRM is not defined, should they check whether it really is not defined, or are they required to always specify ColMajor-ness?

I find it quite annoying if I'm required to write things such as:

template<int n, int m>
class MyClass {
typedef Eigen::Matrix<double, n, m, n!=1 ? Eigen::ColMajor : Eigen::RowMajor> MyMatrix;
	// ...
};
Additionally, bug 416 makes this slightly worse here ...

So unless someone comes up with a good reason for keeping EDTRM, I would vote for deprecating it, saving us a lot of trouble in the future.

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen