[eigen] Eigen 3.1 release plans

Hello,

What are the plans for forking and releasing 3.1? I'm hoping to have some time available this summer to work on bug 99 / evaluators.

Bugzilla currently shows two bugs blocking 3.1.

Bug 422 is "Reconsider EIGEN_DEFAULT_TO_ROW_MAJOR". We need a decision on whether to depreciate this feature (or perhaps mark it as internal). If yes, document this. If no, we need to make it clearer that it changes the ABI and API.

This basically needs a decision. Is there anybody actually using this?

Bug 438 is "specialization of class SparseLU for UmfPack violates rule of three". While the SparseLU class is deleted, the classes UmfPackLU and SuperLU need a fix. This does not look difficult. I cannot do it now because I don't have these library installed, but I should be able to do this on my own laptop later this week if nobody beats me to it.

Are there any other bugs or features that need to be addressed before we can release 3.1?

Jitse