Re: [eigen] Spline Fitting

Hi Hauke!

On 13/04/12 13:21, Hauke Heibel wrote:
> Hi Class,
>
> I pushed your suggestion to the current development branch. There is
> now a second fitting function which allows you to provide the knot
> parameters.
Wow, that was fast.

> Thanks for trying out the module and for the feedback. Feel free to
> get back when you encounter other issues or possibilities for
> improvement.
Actually I have another question: I would like to interpolate 2d data on non-uniform grids, i.e.
I have data points

(x_i, y_i), i=1..n

and I would like to interpolate them onto a new x'-grid defined in terms of new nodes

x_j', j=1..m

As far as I understand, I have to calculate the parameter u_j of each new node x_j', right? How would
you do this?

Or is it possible to re-parameterise the spline with x as parameter (provided dx/du > 0, with  u
beeing the original spline parameter )?

Or are B-splines not the right tool for the job?

Regards
Claas

--
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institut für Methodik der Fernerkundung | Experimentelle Verfahren | Münchner Str | 82234 Weßling

Claas H. Köhler
Telefon 08153 28-1274 | Telefax 08153 28-1337 | claas.koehler@xxxxxx

www.DLR.de/EOC