|Re: [eigen] compile with gcc-4.8.0-ptr warnings|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] compile with gcc-4.8.0-ptr warnings
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:27:32 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=/DKNnmZM74D2N+ClTEe5MW04GfGOrnpj3Itsd9hRcmc=; b=RY7uIIX6T6ZySHT6tTPJE+zzmeAdx8mMPh2fo3fUVjhoLXpawycpz4rzVjMoG7sq8h bYGiyq7HXDCinFx/CSpGnFUFN++RcPRnzLvgYIrC5sUKrTukfACq5yWFcR+QLoXA3OeW b54x4G99Cu84jIbTkbGivygT+gMNtI0R/Fs0NvvJvgME1BvFcrJMPMC+ylSgcFF7H+UW qV7M08afg4J+Pu2f40De9V9UR3O+9ObKzlO+hydyQE498RAMDD88DsRF0nPLeYwYaVst mwVryQWEME9lrWjEiB6oJzJLVD7s02t1prYLz+Ou+yaq28h7IZXNgvPMxRbsMmO2VNNj 2ziA==
4.7.0 is not even released, so it seems really premature to test the
4.8 branch! This issue shows up with 4.7 anyway.
The fix is both in the 3.0 branch and devel branch.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Helmut Jarausch
> On 03/22/2012 12:22:49 AM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>> I guess you meant gcc 4.7.0, anyway this warning has been reported
> No, I did mean a snapshot of 4.8.0 (2012/03/18)
>> many times on the forum and in this list a few days ago. In my opinion
>> this warning is a gcc mistake because all the returned values are all
>> part of the current enum set, so there cannot be any mismatch. This
>> should be reported to gcc. Any volunteer?
> Unfortunately I can't help here, since one must extract a tiny example which
> shows the bug.
>> In the meantime I
>> worked-around by casting them to int.
> Is it already in GIT? ( I do need it of a software package for my students
> Many thanks Gael,