|Re: [eigen] Paper regarding availability of Eigen classes from R|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Paper regarding availability of Eigen classes from R
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:27:24 +0100
- Cc: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=YBTFYDg7maurwRtXeCjCgEfK8VEc/7lCPC7Jv12Lc1Q=; b=ueojkpifv4td1sPtI0/1exbqcW2DHNeEVcTImmVtFECRfaBLPBlfKMuMjasMNqeKDk Dke+8mfydiCzi097vLudNPHMp+rLu2GY2s2IuYf3Jr90+iZ2xmFrNV2wvAvFXqBMKZdI lnndZpkH62hgJeQKA1cSg1bUSjByy4C/WxK98=
thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Such news of Eigen related projects
are always welcome.
I guess that not many people here are familiar with R, so you would
probably get more feedbacks on R-related groups.
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Douglas Bates <bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> R (www.R-project.org) is an interpreted language widely used in
> statistical computing and Bioinformatics. It can be extended with
> contributed packages, many of which are made available through CRAN,
> the Comprehensive R Archive Network.
> Dirk Eddelbuettel, Romain Francois and I have contributed a package
> RcppEigen that includes Eigen, release 3.0.3, and some "glue" using
> Rcpp classes to allow communication between R and the compiled C++
> code. Dirk and I wrote an introduction, available as
> introducing the R package and Eigen classes. In particular we compare
> several approaches to obtaining least squares solutions through
> decompositions available in Eigen.
> We would welcome suggestions regarding the code or the presentation.