[eigen] Paper regarding availability of Eigen classes from R

R (www.R-project.org) is an interpreted language widely used in
statistical computing and Bioinformatics.  It can be extended with
contributed packages, many of which are made available through CRAN,
the Comprehensive R Archive Network.

Dirk Eddelbuettel, Romain Francois and I have contributed a package
RcppEigen that includes Eigen, release 3.0.3, and some "glue" using
Rcpp classes to allow communication between R and the compiled C++
code.  Dirk and I wrote an introduction, available as
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RcppEigen/RcppEigen.pdf,
introducing the R package and Eigen classes.  In particular we compare
several approaches to obtaining least squares solutions through
decompositions available in Eigen.

We would welcome suggestions regarding the code or the presentation.