|[eigen] Paper regarding availability of Eigen classes from R|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] Paper regarding availability of Eigen classes from R
- From: Douglas Bates <bates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:25:55 -0600
- Cc: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:cc:content-type; bh=tYxxsRi01rD06RegKpNjK8F/+sBlDEXbKmvfa0KxNsI=; b=Pg706X/ogscMUkGZsx50MrOcJssbKr52QSQqMtf82SN2JMs97sV+roUs4vE1Zd0jgD e5d3HLHFA2v3HzzO9WbC3REU1n6riJtlyqIkDR8bTc0wwILnvx8Z4kIyYYmSt9eeK7w/ VwrZ1soV+e+6CxN8qPAGIBhFh48wzr8hx5FBM=
R (www.R-project.org) is an interpreted language widely used in
statistical computing and Bioinformatics. It can be extended with
contributed packages, many of which are made available through CRAN,
the Comprehensive R Archive Network.
Dirk Eddelbuettel, Romain Francois and I have contributed a package
RcppEigen that includes Eigen, release 3.0.3, and some "glue" using
Rcpp classes to allow communication between R and the compiled C++
code. Dirk and I wrote an introduction, available as
introducing the R package and Eigen classes. In particular we compare
several approaches to obtaining least squares solutions through
decompositions available in Eigen.
We would welcome suggestions regarding the code or the presentation.