Re: [eigen] RotationBase times DiagonalMatrix

On 26.09.2011 09:05, Hauke Heibel wrote:
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Christoph Hertzberg
<chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Maybe introducing a

  template<class Derived>
  class TransformBase;

is the solution. This would describe all Transformations -- affine or pure
linear.

Probably the optimal solution. It just takes some time to implement
such a change.

I guess so, too. And I currently don't have an urgent need for this, so don't count on me. Furthermore, I'm still not to keen working within internals of Eigen ...

If then someone does:

  Transform a = Translation(...);

he'll get a performance/memory penalty, but that's exactly the same for

  Matrix<..>  m = Diagonal<...>(...);

We would already have this scenario, when we removed the explicit
keywords, right?

Yes, I guess that part would already work. What would not work is efficiently running functions such as these:

  template<class Derived>
  void foo(const TransformBase<Derived> &bar);

But this would run (even with conversion/memory overhead):

  void foo(const Transform &bar);

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.051