Re: [eigen] SOCIS2011

Gael,

Yes, I am interested.

On the applications side, generalized eigenvalue problems come up in
structural engineering where you want to find the modes of vibration
for a structure (without considering the damping). However these
problems are large & sparse and hence the GR/QZ family of algorithms
(that find all eigenvalues) are generally not viable. Hence the need
for algorithms that find a few eigenvalues at the ends of the
spectrum, of which subspace iteration is an example.

Ramaseshan