|RE: [eigen] Predefined SymmetircMatirx, BandedMatrix and PositiveDefiniteMatrix in Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [eigen] Predefined SymmetircMatirx, BandedMatrix and PositiveDefiniteMatrix in Eigen
- From: "Hongyu Miao" <jackymiao@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:07:07 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index :content-language; bh=OGcy9W51NlL5dVuFpC7utU3Ef1W27EyQ5O5c5vBC3vw=; b=rDglezflv87aT5j+oWPFfJCmgE20B/SM1a1B/jlCdKusCSz5jyGrAwBRCx7h73CehH vFoV4DBGH4KpTYWiu5naWGjigY4oF08Q+3XaMyw0M525fYKOihbfQp8zBZctu8y3wOgJ BMynktFuZ4IDMRQIWj3fRHjPiJhcKhg731njw=
- Thread-index: AQH7tYTdAidmKoCI5NzJu4jTYuIoQQI5+/YOAuUYVF8CN2tYt5RdLwTQ
Thanks very much. I'm looking forward to it.
From: Listengine [mailto:listengine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gael Guennebaud
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:32 AM
Subject: Re: [eigen] Predefined SymmetircMatirx, BandedMatrix and PositiveDefiniteMatrix in Eigen
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Hongyu Miao <jackymiao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Douglas. The SelfAdjointView does help. Will be there any
> plan to implement BandedMatrix and PositiveDefiniteMatrix in EIGEN?
yes there are plans, and actually there already is a BandedMatrix class, but it currently can only does storage and very basic manipulations. Regarding a compact triangular storage (for triangular, symmetric and selfadjoint) we plan to implement a level3 compatible storage, not the same as in ublas which is inefficient.