|Re: [eigen] inconsistency in fast eigen decomposition|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] inconsistency in fast eigen decomposition
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:24:58 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Qk5XJ3d8xlMBZG9mhq9Wf/HoE7OSUmV/fqJ3nfS0P0c=; b=Fq8hVQvrX40AjY131QLqEbSMtwwkWm4IA1rZsIW0Z1VOIFIUPAFan+1lUR5VpDU6u2 7ShVEZWK9irPQ2OZBriOx2+zD+fHQHaSD5L5erq+zowL6xDBHKeNfYma2w1sfdXJ4BBZ OAZ0gRWenAh/rlf2OCEm6uDbv07Prkwkcw5Rs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=GpxVm2a0l752xuRkQ3imzyHL3h6wqaBTNiJs+rztJ/y37k/l0iSPwKwsAoPsaVfe1m qRiswbdXjR2iE8KUHnic8dXqoMDUTmm/3jjFxByzlYEDe+8RRKOnMEKXGKOX6sJeDRCB nUCNIn03YTMoWN85Xh2TI22HHrlLY/F72FPwA=
Could a unit test be added? Maybe just take his matrix, decompose,
reconstruct original matrix, compare. My understanding is that before
your fix, eigen would have given a completely wrong reconstructed
matrix, so just a fuzzy compare at default test precision would be
2011/2/3 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> yes but was is strange in Radu's example is that the direct method
> find a negative eigenvalue while they should all be positive (or equal
> to zero). I guess that's because of the multiple trigonometric
> functions. Anyway, now I start to compute the eigenvectors from the
> biggest eigenvalue and compute the last eigenvectors from the first
> two while taking care of some degenerated cases.
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yeah, it's hard to be accurate when there are degenerate eigenvalues.
>> Radu's example had well separated eigenvalues.