|Re: [eigen] inconsistency in fast eigen decomposition|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] inconsistency in fast eigen decomposition
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:52:45 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=X0GZ47x1I8AgCqMgHgxF/Y/UE+Dsf3kazFmaVLkf9GY=; b=v1cBjjfDNrlNKP8cr70scciHpSHjakps8dM879ailcRgLAV3X/EewPetOJBgIPCOue vYA/8sJcLF+3lbrOPbknzvUbLTKI67nQyA11ECw25SrOZr0QOzp+mxdPoDCqpLbk8Piz MRgmtdX+s9E9witRKM17IA75Iz+IFTbBoy9QU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=L7qPZLWm/7l7uq+GooJZ+1q1EvSeDV39or00+brMjglPTQoRvnUs5N/MZiMVM1G8yp nMvYBFLSAfH5+rM0OoTqsl0WF6YE/6F+ezsQ2WwGH6I+vmzwwS/H8ArQI7iaS4t03IqY AEMeQGQbiQeGWKUt4yS50pU95/P3/Fok8MSi8=
2011/2/3 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> indeed, the code to extract the eigen vectors was quite naive. I've
> committed a more accurate version which should work fine for most use
> I assume you are doing planar fit right? If so then the new version
> should really really be enough for you. It lacks some accuracy (but
> not too bad) only when all eigenvalues are relatively closed to each
> other. In this case there is no good planar approximation anyway.
Yeah, it's hard to be accurate when there are degenerate eigenvalues.
Radu's example had well separated eigenvalues.