|Re: [eigen] Re: Scheduling beta3 on sunday february 6 ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: Scheduling beta3 on sunday february 6 ?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:19:48 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=VXPsCCyAbXWf70AJIftabYE655cfYwt0i+jtPK+dwxQ=; b=Axkx3d5jEchioxwPmanT7XWYuT8hetosQ2noGDJNyM5MbqDPlWLeezU0ni/F758gte p1KDVnywIDIm2AhhtBkEM9o0bnVoUCNYoUDS2QtkXcgghcuJGVY8LCguzk0YfxrRZjEi r6hx35DGudSB0lc+HvJrS9mFvHvRMLPKnRVUA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=DKbhwc6J+OW4iOfVFGQYfB23i9sjO49KhW61eFl2V6d1Re1wzcCVMCWNBDRWZ+BfL4 rFJMW5oM/sRwlE21xekk/F5iuY0sSKW/ABE+P5sVhT/iyZuCMbqZ6W+MILlkWF4e/svJ uBgGb9rPAbp+H0GG+hsS7VUdKJgLtmY+9AJ+M=
Another update. Beta3 is delayed again by MSVC compilation issues. The
remaining blockers are:
165: [MSVC] Inverse unit test crashes in release mode
179: [MSVC] mixingtypes 3 (complex) segfaults since changeset 3285
Many msvc fixes have gone in lately, it just seems that a few more are needed...
Non-msvc users may safely treat the current revision as 'beta3' as it
seems that nothing else than msvc fixes is needed.
2011/2/5 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm requesting a couple more days to release beta3. Probably around
> I've not had as much time as I hoped lately, and many compilation
> issues have been discovered in recent testing (thanks everybody)
> making a release tomorrow seem too optimistic. Also, Gael has had the
> great idea of triaging all our old bugs and has unearthed a few
> important ones.
> Current blocker list:
> 45: ei_random<Integer type> should be uniform distribution on
> the whole integer range
> --> easy fix!
> The rest is compiler issues, mostly MSVC, bug 145 is GCC-on-OSX:
> 83: Compilation error in Visual Studio 2008
> 89: householder_1 and _2 are continuously failing with segfaults
> 145: internal compiler error for complex float matrix-vector
> 156: Several CDash Tests fail under MSVC 2008 + 2010
> 164: Assignment: multiple overloads have similar conversions
> 165: Inverse unit test crashes (release mode/msvc)
> 2011/2/4 Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> It's also time to start testing the heck out of it.
>>> cmake -DEIGEN_DEFAULT_TO_ROW_MAJOR=ON
>>> cmake -DEIGEN_TEST_OPENMP=ON
>> Found several of interesting things for Intel 11.1 in bug #176.
>>> cmake -DEIGEN_TEST_EIGEN2=ON
>> Additionally beyond #176 I saw a couple of eigen2 test failures:
>> Above failure plus some failures in
>> 600 - eigen2_eigensolver_2 (Failed)
>> 602 - eigen2_eigensolver_4 (Failed)
>> 603 - eigen2_eigensolver_5 (Failed)
>> Filed in bug #177.
>> - Rhys