|Re: [eigen] internal::BandMatrix and internal::TridiagonalMatrix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] internal::BandMatrix and internal::TridiagonalMatrix
- From: Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:53:02 -0600
- Cc: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=BoGOintV5outG1EezKqQihMcU9VbAGzBC84/xFJCv9c=; b=N6C83xzwPRtWihPivQXcDBNrtVsJMkfxdVH8tkOBUXAlM3wREwkv/rf/hyk1eiGjA0 CPNi5xXZvWo43puouOp6YHy17fOBdFHWE3xzQ/cftWLDGuAISnmqz4OVa+r5LmJubPpt //zGQ1APL8nk444Wci0bofb5lsbByYmch3lnc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; b=rlSY/zqav5TIuDqrTp3vWepA+GJS0dDGPECewMK7sQvJRyErSgPSuSWbWdzwenBz6m JbXYD1tp6VigxDNvaxVwVCZAMXXAHTVo3MzEEpDS4/nFCVgvqYbTxh5DlJVF6yGcR3e7 gJNInbxbBHRyYQ5UQmx8jOFJ4qXh0kW0K53a0=
Ahh... my interest is in dgbmv-like operations. Sadly, no one
implementing new BLAS-like functionality ever includes full support
for general banded matrices.
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/2/19 Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Should I read something into the fact that both BandMatrix and
>> TriadiagonalMatrix appear under eigen::internal rather than eigen?
>> Are these less-than-mature interfaces/implementations?
> These classes have been moved to internal because we weren't quite
> comfortable making a full API stability guarantee about them.
> Initially I thought that we would use them ourselves in
> SVD/SelfAdjointEigenSolver classes, but as it turns out, we don't even
> have a use for them. Since we also haven't received much input about
> them, and there are very nontrivial design choices involved there, it
> felt like a better idea to avoid freezing their API.