|Re: [eigen] internal::BandMatrix and internal::TridiagonalMatrix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] internal::BandMatrix and internal::TridiagonalMatrix
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:28:40 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=XEQc9lc3UYkuBlhc2HnhbMC6/4Cgf+VKXpWnozAquSk=; b=LdqBQmcnkPkESqMFX3RwuIQQzqEH7FGrpVVd36f6BSCq92KBnbHqjxBsOhaTiMRgBN 1AOvykG2WPgydgLvDkm0bzvhpTtIZRstYBZlCwtta6o+TKSmbT1QzMTWl6Dw5SeZY/5m 35Khs0iRi8TQY9cD1t7yBXaCdE3LL1BGf5qBg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=worAUk5AYUSoZKhWg2t3KwTolq+SVGkNNwLx6IGqzLq49AbDxGCkVZop0sARuZvYKf WJZec1ff19gLnZD/zpaoYQn5MzXAyefHXAJmiP7t6TfkkdLPtm8+t4rD/a5RJDXhqGOw AcIeybBXbpFuRR8N7mpTQY9fMNUZqWd1JB3yg=
2011/2/19 Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Should I read something into the fact that both BandMatrix and
> TriadiagonalMatrix appear under eigen::internal rather than eigen?
> Are these less-than-mature interfaces/implementations?
These classes have been moved to internal because we weren't quite
comfortable making a full API stability guarantee about them.
Initially I thought that we would use them ourselves in
SVD/SelfAdjointEigenSolver classes, but as it turns out, we don't even
have a use for them. Since we also haven't received much input about
them, and there are very nontrivial design choices involved there, it
felt like a better idea to avoid freezing their API.