|Re: [eigen] Re: Documentation patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: Documentation patch
- From: Manuel Yguel <manuel.yguel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:53:21 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=rUcSyL0AKsEeAsngIM0wiaSYWU6hJ/PvmLSLEter8ZE=; b=SB0rrQvjXHbVN+gfH26HOqkt1ledcy+3zypjreGB2z3LtdeX7nJRihZszh3U56KrcS ZLbyOaFqVuECmS/4TX3Sl9KPta3XvSgeaaQokZNS5u54sB5aQTHIevk5OAf0MrlZOAcW UbWVh7lJw/pKVp59RHXJmK4H2E4oS73b2wiBg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=EoYFD/C/qzKeU1vNvTW9Y9wPS3RHcyJNR+nzNtFx98wsg2nkt3uIsy4oOykTnBdf8M 6M5IJjDZBZXfkHSpALUfCX/ysfYyKXN/K+/4rm67wlZPeX/sMG0Ub9YFbCfsUm9sOt9u zquc9T5l1ZyKmtq+YNPHa2YFyQufInb93mgiM=
I had a look at the two problems.
In the doc I wanted to emphasize a precision problem with floats, and
a polynomial of degree 6 is the smallest I can reasonably use to show
But perhaps it is not the right thing to have in the doc... Let me know.
For the unit tests, I tested the solver for degrees going randomly
between 9 and 45.
I wanted to see practically how that precision problem was scalling
with the degree.
(it is probably not usefull at all and I commit a change decreasing
the maximum degree to 13, it will be big enough to catch a bug), sorry
for the inconvenience.
- best regards