|Re: [eigen] Re: Documentation patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Re: Documentation patch
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:13:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Y7uBtU5Bec8UQaU39r9UXUCqv/8uQc8bc3ku2kiSEbI=; b=ZhYT9fYc8V5BNJMElQpBW2GeVHJG+PcqeaCdYJKg9fhCKa6F69fQEmfz5FEdkE177H W8ye6ssLNSezjLua734mBBq8hjcdbHzV/GJJzwvKWV+CZNnWoKhX/+lt9nVB4gfsjvfb 3FvWWD2xIeAAvMb3tXh96EEQzjjpGH6fqIAnQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=ieEEdz8g8LQAMbKXfXjT6pjvQJkOJkm0VRdK81gSoq/QAWN5n2/XrtOiPJrcLkJTes G/YEqpiwwwWDycJ3ApUlSpSmbv8CB+XspwRU2UnT/CzeWaYRSZCL6QDnHEsEU1bCvxq/ siNDOrMqLe8q2VEQQQPH6YsNiPNAsXUGQ5ysw=
2011/1/5 Manuel Yguel <manuel.yguel@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I had a look at the two problems.
> In the doc I wanted to emphasize a precision problem with floats, and
> a polynomial of degree 6 is the smallest I can reasonably use to show
> that problem.
> But perhaps it is not the right thing to have in the doc... Let me know.
Could you use a runtime size instead of a fixed size there? Then the
size wouldn't affect compilation at all.
> For the unit tests, I tested the solver for degrees going randomly
> between 9 and 45.
> I wanted to see practically how that precision problem was scalling
> with the degree.
> (it is probably not usefull at all and I commit a change decreasing
> the maximum degree to 13, it will be big enough to catch a bug), sorry
> for the inconvenience.
> - best regards