|Re: [eigen] Updating the Benchmarks|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Updating the Benchmarks
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:19:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=GcNeH+vH7VepaQ8zQiIttyYCfiyB+P9LlEKVjd76mJI=; b=TkkGoZwuP6oV7WEOUdd8ZLlRrvf3q1QzlVlvnMWgK63AmHy+iZmeR5CkBWmus05ySg nI+V7yPZYX3Oi1D21HuJdeX5vOvgP3t3UpzsG710V1mjtl2hAn+5wXAxDcmnlGpFC1ZM UG4m1cu42oBikM2loRzNyUkt9bx9jttMOuRak=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=mPs4AylDetcm2338w1Q7JDY5PNnsOQJFCOsqveLbh6ajrnPKssdJAnB/GsWGxtMaTG J21qUP5KnOl4ffYsII+w+EF2w3hvnrm/hiyrl/pIigvxZ/eMNU5jKmkS8akNTRXt0lLl 2lrhlbZzyMo59QNhdGMt07DTls23Mx/WO/RJE=
2011/1/29 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2011/1/29 Milian Wolff <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Gael Guennebaud, 26.01.2011:
>>> btw, if you plane to bench matrix size up to 9000x9000, make sure you
>>> disable the non optimized libraries like GMM, ublas, blitz, etc.
>>> because they will take forever. Also make sure you disable the result
>>> verifications when running the tests (BTL_CONFIG="--nocheck).
>>> BLAS and lapack libs are very very painful regarding
>>> configuration/linking Depending on how the libs have been generated
>>> you might need very different settings. That's why you have these
>>> trouble. That's also a non negligible advantage of Eigen.
>> I've finally done the benchmarks on my i7 machine. Should I add that to the
> this is great, thanks!
> but wait... we /beat/ intel MKL???
> this is awesome but... we need to triple-check this before we publish.
> MKL and GOTO are normally very close to each other, and close to the
> theoretical maximum. In your results, MKL does surprisingly poorly.
> Is there something wrong in your MKL setup?
And, same thing about ATLAS. Earlier this year, we were head-to-head
with ATLAS. Why is it performing so poorly on your setup? Why is it
performing exactly like eigen3_novec? Is your ATLAS built without SSE
>> Milian Wolff