Re: [eigen] Updating the Benchmarks

I'm also running the bench suite on a core i7 (Xeon E5540) and I'm
surprised by the behavior of Eigen for level 1 routines, e.g.:

http://users.physik.fu-berlin.de/~milianw/eigen/bench-eigen3/i7/axpy.pdf

We can clearly obverse 2 step for vector sizes of 256 and 4096. They
correspond to an amount of 2048 Bytes and 32kB respectively (size *
sizeof(float) * 2 vectors). I can reproduce this behavior on my core
i7 server too.

So the second step is easily explained by the L1 cache which is of
32kB - perfect match :)

However, the first one (at 2048kB) puzzle me. Let me also add that it
does not appear on my core2 machines... Does anybody have an idea to
explain this behavior?

gael