Re: [eigen] random thoughts -- we need more Gaels

Michael Wild wrote:
> Yes, many of them are much worse. But then, most of them don't make
> extensive use of expression templates... ;-) I'd bet that 99% of the
> potential contributors don't have the slightest of ideas how that magic
> works and there is very little accessible documentation on this kind of
> programming idiom.

The extensive use of expression templates or of any design pattern is not, by
themselves, the issue.  What becomes an issue is that all those traits
patterns and whatnot, when compounded, quickly become a bit of a rat's nest of
definitions and implementations.  Adding to that the fact that there is
absolutely no reference targetted to developers, I believe it is easy to
understand that it becomes a bit complicated for an outsider to contribute
anything to this project, no matter how basic a feature may be.

Rui Maciel