Re: [eigen] random thoughts -- we need more Gaels

2010/10/3 Rui Maciel <rui.maciel@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Cyrille isn't the only one affectd by this problem.  Countless others, just
> like Cyrille, have looked into this project's code with the intention to
> contribute fixes and/or implement new features.  Unfortunately, as this project
> is terribly developer-unfriendly,

you can't call Eigen terribly developer-unfriendly, that's not fair.
It just requires both good c++ templates skills and good math skills,
which makes a high barried to entry. We need to alleviate this with
more developer documentation. But eigen has good user-level
documentation, clean code (for those who understand this kind of c++
patterns), a simple and well documented build system / test framework,
and very accessible developers. The only thing it lacks is
developer-oriented docs, many free software projects are farther away
from being developer-friendly.

Though the other big issue we had was organizational, and we're fixing
this by moving probably to bugzilla.

Benoit