Re: [eigen] updating the credits section on the wiki

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone volunteer for updating the credits section on the wiki?

It involves:
 - looking up in wiki Main Page history when was the last time it was updated
 - using 'hg log' to see all the changesets from that date to now
 - process that output to see the list of all contributors (some
cut/sort/uniq will help here)
 - remove me / Gael / Hauke / Jitse / Thomas from that list (we're
already taking care of ourselves)
 - for each of the resulting contributors, use 'hg log -u' to see what
they did, merge together multiple addresses of unique persons
 - update the wiki.

IMO this sounds like something nobody will want to (or should) do. The silence of this thread up to now could be considered an argument in favor of this ;). How about every non-core dev updates the credits for her/his relevant contributions, following the style/structure of the existing page?. We can all probably find a little time to highlight our own contributions. OTOH, doing this for almost everybody else is a PITA.

€ 0.02

Adolfo.

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este mensaje y sus documentos adjuntos, pueden contener información privilegiada y/o confidencial que está dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje y no es el destinatario indicado, o el empleado encargado de su entrega a dicha persona, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente y remita el mensaje original a la dirección de correo electrónico indicada. Cualquier copia, uso o distribución no autorizados de esta comunicación queda estrictamente prohibida.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.