Re: [eigen] moving to a serious issue/patch tracker

Am 01.10.2010 16:25, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> *** general issue tracker announcements ***
>
> For some time we've been considering moving to a serious issue/patch tracker.
>
> There are 2 main candidates here: Redmine (Thomas' favorite) and
> Bugzilla (my favorite).
>
> Toy Bugzilla instance:
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/bz/
>
> Toy Redmine instance:
> http://eigen.freehackers.org
>
> *** bugzilla propaganda ***
[snip]

What about Trac? http://trac.edgewall.org/

Its a lightweight tool not only for tracking bugs, but also for organizing
features and tasks. You can directly link in so called 'tickets' into source
code or the wiki! Also attachments to a ticket discussion are possible. Its
written in python and many plugins are available.

For a good example in action see e.g. http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/

HTH Mathias

--
Institut für Informatik