|Re: [eigen] updated TODO for 3.0|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] updated TODO for 3.0
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:26:56 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Ld1UNEvSrzmU1IzZ2iErSb7K+uG25TcmxZJvfTnUW10=; b=ojfFbwf1dtqhVG8Cvh1xO0PPa2ldUCzfpSv41W9BV6CLbOwXvRbHhZ9XIJBEXxrwCN KvEsXT8cCbe1HGvqjzuqTQpY6ZAZMFDkxro/MDn887cbc2KH5yfy76ffpXnij1qEjlEg flsq1ORsPT+Hp3kHtu/FcrH/uC5PyVdv5ScQI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Fq5wSN0rBLnTJyGB/DasEhpGFNWdwWuR6fqHXPbpQUeNpWZWySyP6zQf3dg7pyIZXM V7MEC/65+wmVVSMZl1qEO+S4eq2Gpvzq6lvfuUz2gxMnK/z78uB0bXbEdi2OOHiWeEZP jTavHYGjZ1NcUNyl09JebkFvfuwXjQtUjgG4Q=
2010/9/28 Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Main changes:
>> - added entry about const correctness issue in Map
> I appreciate that finally it made it into the list :)
> When I noted that issue, I also noted that it is currently not (easily)
> possible to have unaligned Quaternions (and no other transformations
> either, as someone else pointed out). Has this already been fixed in
> trunk? I sent a patch some time ago, but did not notice it being pushed
> (I don't check on a regular basis, though)
Will check and reply asap...
>> - polar decomposition: changed to just "kill that".
> shouldn't you change the priority to 2 or 3 then?
No, because killing it is important -- if we don't kill it we have to
support it forever.
>> The single issue that scares me the most is the Map const correctness one.
> Has someone further worked on that already? I might work out some
> proof-of-concept style suggestions within this week (got a little, but
> not a lot, spare time currently).
> But I guess an API-freeze on Oct 4th is unrealistic for that,
I didn't mean that we would freeze the API on Oct 4th, I only meant
that we would freeze for a couple of days until we release beta2.
Beta3 is my target for an API (essential) freeze.
> someone has already worked out something -- or is willing to invest time
> right now ...
> Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg
> Cartesium 0.051
> Universität Bremen
> Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
> 28359 Bremen
> Tel: (+49) 421-218-64252