|Re: [eigen] patches for eigen3.0-beta2|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] patches for eigen3.0-beta2
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:13:13 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=ULKRhwI23lkiSG03KRPtD7TTfmeFDr/eUgXI55LgeXE=; b=Rf2A6xtqOkYOLdFCJslN2a8VbugUVEVsYiGxIV/L1kRzXzqiLH9XE4kb0/o0pPzU6S 3qjyYdbMpA3ZsJigtGBaltBOhyBSJJ1B1bHjiTbiB/GQBZKtaakZMFed7EbxLRbLudd8 9SdXaQsWWePhzS2O1A77R4DxRDUpCjRRiAHho=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=BdncNwCpLpoW/VrVm0PJmyKkCvFgk92MRN7hzA96+DpZuSHYW1JFbAm5HFbs+KqPeH P+D07koAOdYGJVunbvr53CQ3DXHrwNX/Qv0bE/rSG3xM21nfxYn8JTz530+iQZnRmumK bxVpFZo66drdye919ZeUI9PuOZ/xZR3/DyWxE=
actually i'm thinking --- let's just get some beta2 out REAL SOON and
from there, take our time to make a beta3 that will be our last beta.
2010/9/27 Radu Bogdan Rusu <rusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Great, thanks a lot Benoit!
> Yeah it could be that some of the patches are already in :) We've been stuck
> with beta1 until now.
> Was there a decision made on when something along the lines of a beta2 will
> be out? Or beta 1.5 -- we're fine with that too :) It's just easier to use
> the .tgz/.tbz and pull that in ROS, than go on the hg route.
> On 09/27/2010 07:03 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> ok, i'm pushing the warning and the compilation patches as soon as
>> unit tests finish. turned your warning patch into a changeset in your
>> But for the tridiagonalization patch, it seems to me that these
>> changes have already been pushed by Gael on July 16. Right?
>> 2010/9/27 Radu Bogdan Rusu<rusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> In an attempt to clean up the ROS eigen3 meta package, I was wondering if
>>> can integrate the following 3 patches into Eigen trunk, such that when
>>> comes out we don't have to apply them in ROS.
>>> These are:
>>> * tridiag_3x3.patch: patch provided by Gael that fixes the float eigen
>>> decomposition precision (without it MatrixXd matrices work well but
>>> ones do not)
>>> * gcc43.patch: patch provided by Benoit that makes GCC 4.3 on Ubuntu 9.04
>>> happy (without it Eigen3 fails to compile)
>>> * warning.patch: patch that silences a compilation warning in Ubuntu
>>> Thanks a lot in advance!