Re: [eigen] legal question

2010/8/3 Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa@xxxxxxx>:
> On 08/ 3/10 10:58 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean the doxygen-generated class docs? What is the problem with
>> CC-BY on them?
>>
>> Also, isn't it better to have a single license governing all our docs,
>> so that e.g. an archive of all our docs would be governed by a single
>> license?
>>
>> Benoit
>
> Hi Benoit:
>
> Having worked on several FOSS projects, it seems that one license is best,
> especially for things like snippets which have already been brought
> up in this thread.  By the way, I must have missed it, but was there
> some reason that MIT or BSD licenses were not considered?

No particular reason: it felt natural to consider CC for docs, but you
seem to be right: there is no problem about releasing docs under
MIT/BSD license, is there?

That would be a nice choice, because if we choose a very liberal
license for our docs for the sake of simplicity, then nothing beats
MIT/BSD in this respect.

Benoit