|Re: [eigen] legal question|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] legal question
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:12:49 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=9qruOhMUlKcKCx1wX2lfmqW2gIzueXGtNpON71QLXPg=; b=L+qh4e9CPPVM4kBl6fBnlQ2P50UuBRASewYeF7qGiyIxoGYK0+Br/VjeSXyiX/Ayl9 VgXfT/2nfnZ0UXkqigJJ8ATMVBjxMSFfrmn5yAo4C6CzzSydXy8Y9jVot49SUDlxnDkn Lzbiz6KEFMhlaoXQQNrxfOKq/eoaRCpGAUPno=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=VItgnUVnhvzmTrWXOSOKFvgUUUAkEMZe+ZZw76hkYdhUkxov3kcr0APU9SbQZEjMQy KG2cS6kWvK0bKdlAzIqe66O3vux4KciR/Ziw/v8jWwm54GaJWM8kgHB7vVNnTk4EKZrw 6eqVb6rhp0j3Ru4FsaUK/EDwdSKuMEBqTtmlI=
2010/8/3 Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa@xxxxxxx>:
> On 08/ 3/10 10:58 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> Do you mean the doxygen-generated class docs? What is the problem with
>> CC-BY on them?
>> Also, isn't it better to have a single license governing all our docs,
>> so that e.g. an archive of all our docs would be governed by a single
> Hi Benoit:
> Having worked on several FOSS projects, it seems that one license is best,
> especially for things like snippets which have already been brought
> up in this thread. By the way, I must have missed it, but was there
> some reason that MIT or BSD licenses were not considered?
No particular reason: it felt natural to consider CC for docs, but you
seem to be right: there is no problem about releasing docs under
MIT/BSD license, is there?
That would be a nice choice, because if we choose a very liberal
license for our docs for the sake of simplicity, then nothing beats
MIT/BSD in this respect.
> Rodney Sparapani Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
> Sr. Biostatistician http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
> 4 wheels good, 2 wheels better! Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
> WWLD?: What Would Lombardi Do? Milwaukee, WI, USA