|[eigen] meanwhile, on the SVD front...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] meanwhile, on the SVD front...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 22:51:27 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=RejdudXeUt1k6dle3pN3WiGT0JCKnNMVrDqiaQW80rc=; b=Fc+C3OWvxVk04fJgQExM27BzLwyx2dPqHY8LDztTOMYdr+8KlPlagSCQvOsjBUf7cu WNX0F9yDFDEkDxrJpfJb/uVLmHoOgOPUT/wPeOskfMWgE9mn9YfTmbPefF8KY12kivjw wwRT54HFso/OtTHRDChsur4/VHn3/B4d1nlgE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=LNtFtTNRKQvfF9ayaMpI0+4Ud77vRBFDmcrV9C+SHvotapP2BSocYmdgHGs25iWc73 O8ndlXFeJ0PPgrfnmskeUOM7IlDbcZMYmFHw1bA4EqXMZt/gQBNSqMCG9ErvPkyJ3PKR teM3+mi0dOb+1oQ8XrEKllrp4p4Ac7HfAQfEk=
I just realized that I need a BidiagonalMatrix class that can switch at runtime between "upper" and "lower" bidiagonal.
The reason for that is that in the divide-and-conquer SVD, in the dividing step, we take out the central column of the matrix, so the right half gets toggled between "upper" and "lower".
This will also allow to have a general Bidiagonalization decomposition, instead of the current UpperBidiagonalization.
All of this is what LAPACK does, but as usual I wanted to go my own foolish way rather than heeding LAPACK's ancestral knowledge...\
The BandMatrix class remains useful for lots of other uses though!