|Re: [eigen] non-linear optimization test summary|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] non-linear optimization test summary
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:01:27 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Lqx++UHaJdDX9oOCrqIk0BF2NoEonqLjk7AMq3YVp8c=; b=iUlf73B5JBgJGz7CCYBsRCyKwwJvbc5rf9WCyNXkjVNtXE5/7LoupXhF3AubOH9hQf rMJjrq8/Y/T/VPkvRhR6LxrQ50Quylg4w73noXqjzCKyRFAvhzUvxUqzr5f1I1UQOgxS pHGdwpINcT6r3gol+UsF6w0osVY6MDDmJaSsY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=G47px5n70bxdntHs/qF4LhoVslaiEK+JifeQHgTSdtT7e1yspKgx+fcT2s6AXqBiTl rBkjM0kR3mwuL16/Wx1UFkn6vBSOQyWorHZmlM6Y7gW8OQVZGs9KioHiUqkEIy55/oSE 7H5eX6Yah8TgYLOJCoimKf63PLfGKVbwox3hM=
You didn't cause any trouble --- this has be bugging a few of us for a
while, already. A couple of weeks ago, we exchanged a dozen emails
with Thomas and Gael.
I didn't change anything. If tests are passing again, I would just
suspect plain luck / something that made the bug no longer be
triggered, just like it appeared someday for no good reason, but it
must still be latent. Indeed, if, as I suspect, it's just a bad FP
compare failing or succeeding depending on the desiderata of extended
FP precision, then it can be extremely capricious!!
2010/6/15 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for all the effort. I did not really mean to cause so much
> trouble before the release.
> Just out of curiosity. Did you change anything? I am just asking since
> almost all tests in the dashboards are suddenly passing again.
> - Hauke