|Re: [eigen] MSC compiler error: worth working around?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] MSC compiler error: worth working around?
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:11:46 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:received:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=WRZFdX96dooboXhJawptE7U5Ef5SR/VHH1JcmHPMoWg=; b=GDWp/9gsIMSm1O1UvWBFDIvMMh+Tt4f+rBJOFV6AjODI8JPyM1PrXI10KHvkbEt6Ow lW661CjSN19a/aBbROt6UnW2+E0PWij6XWJWC3CG5toTNdjBxx+20nMdtDU+HVN8vZxT CK5/JeBKSW74uOtIOLJqCq5gKCTJ/IE7iDs00=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=I2SFdOUhspvYgeBhgV+WSzvA/u6LIb97LE8F77akyEwZwQ8UnZ6PInmnfimhAsKJy/ Wejs1ne7zZqmQbdvTpyo9xSkroJlUFYRexukl4UTNX8ALPPgUvFpt8F2mP4NZAtFapax gDZdzfRlGnT30alaonVRGOQLukDwayqC4DkFw=
I am still around though being pretty busy lately.
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Eamon Nerbonne
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 13:21, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> 2010/4/16 Eamon Nerbonne <eamon.nerbonne@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> > Hi all,
>> > In the course of specializing some of my code to accept various eigen
>> > matrix
>> > types, I ran into an MSC bug.
>> There's 1 thing I dont understand: you're not the only one using MSC,
>> so why are you the first one to hit this problem? Hauke, do you know
>> about this?
> Possibly it's compiler version related (not what I expect though). However,
> it's also code that typically people outside of eigen won't use often. In
> my case it's something like this:
> SomeNonEigenType<... , (MatrixBase<TDerived>::IsVectorAtCompileTime?1: 2) ,
> ... >
> Which I suppose just isn't that common?
That's probably the reason why I never hit it. It is definitely
happening also on my system and we should somehow fix it.
It is more than sad that MS is not even considering to fix the bug in
particular with such a good report.
p.s. I am just downloading VS 2010 .... (legally of course) - so I am switching