|Re: [eigen] converting matrices to/from byte arrays|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] converting matrices to/from byte arrays
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:57:33 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:received:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=XOwU6+Fe1GC0w9X/GIH1vW676kAwzFrN8Y9FpG0ts/o=; b=fNVpC7fIGa48jh/u9UjKXPIVcZii41kNU42AbVEii4f3ZUMzxdE21rNT6tCZHAWsbl 8y7nOJsHnRT+TDaSmd/5/XwQGCwwU7BoO8MzBt4oOTlXq7vjpA3DzOWXXU63TcBV+mlw s+3zWN4O44yuU9csFUGejfJdgU7RiaSps+jwA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=w/tLcYmvbz1o+0e79XnH4WfDBAfNz9et13isgDgZX60ymF9y6jptiB+iYt5FpFJKp9 0To/1qKrx3XYgN+3HsXeiah3BTcwPtwpw3DBZn8W7IgcQQWocrTP4W9daE9/7/wLFRTv f0n1UtA/31n48KonmkIc0AqdkND14UnRezhYA=
In Eigen 2.0, we don't handle strides: Map cannot work with strided arrays.
In the development branch, we do handle strides: see innerStride(),
outerStride() in class DenseBase. We also support strided arrays with
Map, although the API for that is still in flux, see:
(This API will be improved shortly, unfortunately breaking some compatibility)
2010/4/20 Sidney Cadot <sidney.cadot@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Ricard,
>> In order to get a pointer to the memory underlying a matrix just do.
> Well, that gives me the pointer to the data elements, but I need to know a bit more about the inner data model of Eigen matrices, (in particular the potential use of strides; memory alignment issues; and the total size of the data block), in order to make a robust implementation.
> Is there a place where I can find out about this outside of the source code? If its only in the source, can I count on stability in coming releases?