|[eigen] Re: yet another deep change wrt storage orders...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Re: yet another deep change wrt storage orders...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 00:16:49 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=yV6/XZYjRkBeb23Kfzz8C4Sa1J//txqGUNKlvv/wnX8=; b=V4LLFUrmnd9lZZKbwqbWrw0RM19g6AhCdRe9VnrRc/4Stfs5yHsVt3OTPvzTH/qPRL 2jbLBilUkhC8mhgE4HSeHa+9y5RO4dSzocPDRH0TT+LNiyB/oDWlWmx/RAiJ5dk1aGkd TogkBMSRvewa+GKOIMaZ5t65lU4CWd8OeOknQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=sasUDi12C57Z8GzJ9ge0UQ01+dZwoar3fMVUkXTBWGg4B6MVa8gPH7Rx/PpANud8Oa me5f1th3fOKTuwxwk82a1Ntuv84yyKzjz47JzmiznOtk9bbETimwr6HfEhzLlK3492v/ bANSA1z6AFjUYJQ2yipecmPYbulDxqlrM5qa8=
the fork is there,
the basic change is done, but i wont merge it back until all the
current issues are resolved.
2010/3/8 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> as if we didn't have enough... ever since the RowMajor fixes from
> january, we have quite some instability in the development branch:
> there's always a little thing broken somewhere and fixing it results
> in something else getting broken. Currently, what's broken is certain
> matrix algorithms applied to 1x1 matrices.
> To summarize a little discussion that happened today over IRC:
> [17:30] <bjacob> the bottom of the problem is that our idea of
> vector-specific functions that work seamlessly for row-vecs and
> col-vecs, detecting 1xN vs. Nx1, completely fails on the 1x1 case
> [17:30] <gael_> yep
> [17:40] <gael_> but cannot the RowMajor/ColMajor mean RowVector
> ColumnVector for the vector case ?
> With that gael stepped over one of my big taboos so i initially
> psychically rejected his idea... then I realized he was right, this
> actually simplifies a lot of code we have for vectors, and moreover:
> [19:26] <bjacob> gael_: wow, here's a very very good reason for it
> too: let's constrain the Options to Matrix, to have the right
> RowMajorBit. This prevents having 2 different vector types that differ
> only by the (unused) RowMajorBit !!
> So i'll start that in a fork and report here...