|[eigen] yet another deep change wrt storage orders...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] yet another deep change wrt storage orders...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:47:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=yskafg9XIG1BeNizkMixUnrCfCUJVWL65k9MknrB/BI=; b=TvioYaNuG0L+RgY1vtx6elUTx4x5obdAnjRv6ZVcAUPXhLJBU/rYPhAJZhJhBIgDP/ rPLMQFrGF+Tal8HQ+sscwJeYOcJs2KI4JF4dz4ESJORhj5hXknwL6xU/69dlEWWVUeUZ FiU/wfOF/sfNNXwbWgCX2U+RP4nGPiG1giSlo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=EuedU56fXxgrhZyLHGs2jYbR5qPa/7kOvgdKMrabt57ReLG5/Tvm6v9hckL1CZbYNF 8DRAurt9DztSGsD1yLZwtEXdNfUTPxR8Ybjbu6QMPSRRpZ96VHOXggUyZLbT3XeJF1f+ r4oXnyETr9Ge4fHTJESV7WTGxu0I2voyEmS+w=
as if we didn't have enough... ever since the RowMajor fixes from
january, we have quite some instability in the development branch:
there's always a little thing broken somewhere and fixing it results
in something else getting broken. Currently, what's broken is certain
matrix algorithms applied to 1x1 matrices.
To summarize a little discussion that happened today over IRC:
[17:30] <bjacob> the bottom of the problem is that our idea of
vector-specific functions that work seamlessly for row-vecs and
col-vecs, detecting 1xN vs. Nx1, completely fails on the 1x1 case
[17:30] <gael_> yep
[17:40] <gael_> but cannot the RowMajor/ColMajor mean RowVector
ColumnVector for the vector case ?
With that gael stepped over one of my big taboos so i initially
psychically rejected his idea... then I realized he was right, this
actually simplifies a lot of code we have for vectors, and moreover:
[19:26] <bjacob> gael_: wow, here's a very very good reason for it
too: let's constrain the Options to Matrix, to have the right
RowMajorBit. This prevents having 2 different vector types that differ
only by the (unused) RowMajorBit !!
So i'll start that in a fork and report here...