Re: [eigen] new eigen2 release (2.0.12) runs slower than 2.0.0 ?

Hi Leon,

So far, we haven't been doing any serious testing for performance
regressions. It's just that the commits that we allow into the 2.0
branch are, in principle, very safe.

The online benchmarks refer to the development branch (though at that
time it wasn't much different from 2.0.0).

What you report sounds very interesting but we indeed need more
details in order to do anything about it. Ideally, if you could
produce a self-contained, compilable benchmark...

Here are some ideas.

First let's check for potentially stupid compiler optimizations:
 - what happens if you remove -ffast-math?
 - what happens if you replace -O3 by -O2 ?

Is it 32bit or 64bit code?

If you disable vectorization (EIGEN_DONT_VECTORIZE) on both sides, how
does performance compare?

Benoit