Re: [eigen] ideas about the corner types

In data venerdì 05 febbraio 2010 08:11:06, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
> 1)
>
> Currently matrix.corner(TopLeft,3,3) takes TopLeft as a runtime

Yes, i wondered why there was no compiletime version of this. I use it in several places, and which corner i want is always known at compile time. Does it really provide room for improvement to know this at compile time ?

> 2)
> Many times we just want the bottom N rows of a matrix. So why not
> introducing Bottom, Top, etc... new corner types.

Indeed, i very often do things like m.corner(TopLeft, m.rows(), smaller_nb_of_cols). Not a very big deal for me, but i could use some one-parameter stuff like Bottom/Top. I wouldn't like to prevent you working on more important features though!

++
Thomas
--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>