|Re: [eigen] ideas about the corner types|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] ideas about the corner types
- From: Ricard Marxer Piñón <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:23:04 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=ZwDDqIlTKp0tVjEeInZzEVsOUAeJy/2LHS+SU6GU4dE=; b=XA2Q78eOhgtjZR3lou+8ZrIUviF+xat4OT7xWJLolH4qB5HXeKRadY2qMWkswd7QTu xtabZ2Jt4t3BODMivqnw4mJaTgO/N50GnfoDPakLFZZA3HLHTcRuPqGyiGYsStkPzuq5 Yc0AhHC4QW+ulsyuPbmXfNd6AX5BGbkKoAzic=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=C6pboVLGNe6I+FOCulKItTTV6AvpUAqt+2qzvt6L1srEfGBAnjNKJ7Yg8kS/kL22m/ RpLBDL/wV7P5ASPcYNKLgPpULuh3rvU+eBz17AEplN9VN8kE8ty9jYyvh/U6wE1KNnUs 84dcADWprK+rqyib+GTfBLqf3FTC3GgqT5zIQ=
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In data venerdì 05 febbraio 2010 08:11:06, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
>> Currently matrix.corner(TopLeft,3,3) takes TopLeft as a runtime
> Yes, i wondered why there was no compiletime version of this. I use it in several places, and which corner i want is always known at compile time. Does it really provide room for improvement to know this at compile time ?
>> Many times we just want the bottom N rows of a matrix. So why not
>> introducing Bottom, Top, etc... new corner types.
> Indeed, i very often do things like m.corner(TopLeft, m.rows(), smaller_nb_of_cols). Not a very big deal for me, but i could use some one-parameter stuff like Bottom/Top. I wouldn't like to prevent you working on more important features though!
+1 for this. I do that very often as well.
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>