[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Testing 2.0
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:10:04 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Q7rF0O3zIUBQy1ujK5mp+9ock2CWT8WD0acBoSABpL0=; b=l2ip9jkT80o0N5fMZ3i4sWOUntN6FPZ8ePnPrOEv2X2QWUwRMRXaYYnSB7GUK/KZqM 9aHbxt9aeNsWcL7y6LytsGOGnLPf+gQNwfGbTO4WZ+cIU76x5Y8sO5w1yi23zPQAHsLu 7f4U/WMMGCRoaH1jXUC0PvafHmEr4oGBXL77o=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=xDW2K9s8loSUW8hr1R1lNfhNb7r2XeEd6ixSpLqKx53uW30uJHWv5cMBqc9DJ+MaCo G6D2yd+jx8g4+ue8d1spqEpSrwxXK8xj0y49Hg0CNc2lPmCuZe2sss+VhEHe4P8GzD9B e2HXzFQ+vlpmjZHb0ecvj8vPfKmObyllUrxDM=
2010/2/7 Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> ah yes, the lu tests fail typically on the exact rank computation, and
>> the reason why it fails is that eigen 2.0's algorithm for that is
>> really not very accurate.
>> This has been fixed in the development branch: the exact rank
>> computation now works very consistently, so you can run the lu tests
>> with 1000 repetitions.
> Here the lu_2 test fails regularly in the development branch. I tried it
> with random seeds from 1 to 10 (and the default of 10 repeats) and it fails
> with 4, 5 and 6 in line 102. It's good to know that it's supposed to work
> consistently, so now I can treat it as a bug and hunt it down when I have
Hm indeed it's a bug, then!
But here, all lu tests work... so I can't reproduce. I tried