Re: [eigen] New Licensing FAQ

> Especially in our case, I'm pretty sure that we never even discussed
> patents in our mailing list or anywhere --- anyway, Eigen being a
> general mathematics library, it is essentially playing outside of the
> domain where any patents exist, even in the US. I'm not aware of any
> patented general linear algebra algorithm, and when that happens,
> it'll be the last step until Pythagoras' theorem and the operation of
> "multiplying two integers" ultimately get patented ;)

I mentioned something along these lines to them. I thought
it was odd that they were taking such an anti--anti-patent
fundamentalist stance,
so I asked them how they felt about us using GNU/Linux on the product,
the gnu g++ compiler to build the programs and the gnu c/c++ libraries.
Given that, then protesting against a math library, given the very
openness of math traditionally, seemed a bit obtuse.

> Just a question for my information. Were the lawyers in question from
> the US or Korea?

Surprisingly, from Europe.

Regards,
Daniel Stonier

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/