[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.0 planning
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:39:34 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=mN2/qZzcRKHNgzXNlkjc2/7TpU5cupy0fPMPkM3afSA=; b=M6eUJajx9nHGaEIEmrD6gHHazb0SE5/9jx14HGcYklqa8uWrLkV83HEowpT+Q/TXAs ATyqTZiRFaEuY9c8AArza9IxRiuZpuvJZxHt59yy/xg5PxRwACgnOMnPakhLbaI+bm6o S2IxYs2+Ew1pcQ0y3sqEYM9c9EHxAzGIPTHv0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TLHmAzIAjjRGan9I1bNihXDuv+g7ST9xFGA2sqAgBIpQXUOt87lV2RUOgVSXWe2xDm aBt+nwXV5n5BRIELFAc9qI7l06PEStu0t71jHr5DiPuSpuQsLMGqySVm8tlqeKPTx9f5 fTV7JYuEsWtvaA1+7HkyaDG31qwPSbRe0R3y0=
2009/11/9 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In data martedì 10 novembre 2009 04:20:42, Benoit Jacob ha scritto:
>> I started a page there:
> Nothing seems stupid to me. Is there such a thing as a changelog for 3.0 ? I
> think quite some things have already been commited and we should not forget
> any when announcing beta and 3.0.
For sure, a ton has already been made. In fact, we're probably more
than halfway to 3.0 already. The 3.0 todo page is only to keep track
of remaining items. No changelog page has been done, i think it'll be
time to make one when thing start really stabilizing, i mean many
things get changed and then re-changed. Feel free to start such a page
for things you've done and you think won't change again.
> Maybe it's also time to start a page "Migrating from eigen 2 to eigen 3". I
> know it's easy to ask as I wont be able to write this page... I don't really
> need it either as I'm following 'trunk'. But I'm sure this could help people.
> At least i've found your mail about changes in solve() API very useful.
Yes, again I agree with the idea of having such a page, it's just that
things are still changing a lot so there's a risk that work on such a
page today may become obsolete tomorrow...