|Re: [eigen] compilation failed for not aligned tiny matrix|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] compilation failed for not aligned tiny matrix
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:24:34 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2bFRLRwbL9Ro8yk/Ivssa3wftBf72MM0bIk3RChj5Jw=; b=iCnol62skkWZui8ubbMOoxS1wOC26dtvqvEjQv1Mx9/gA2XWj/CcPao6anAjP3b0tX 0A9+zTswbmDKZ1Yyk2Ifm4jWZaH/z7pSthlLK3cnxIhHj5mnDi3JTv+LAO1vhMVDvJRW ahQoCo13mxAU6PAwrMgXv3DeZro5hANY/Iuw4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=lPDP06DRpROvC41CqNVdHr53vBGuR/IQu/piwEnZz33m1neBf6kFgcqGsEEqr6AOws kZHaVwagKGmlOxsIzRqSSbAaA3jf+WKx6NDt1ibLjfhbNcROHGqAxmpclwH8bSIxuJRb 5gdnqPhDQjQy4TxIzQbpoNZd3VmEDSyDxkCKs=
2009/10/6 WANG Xuewen <xuewen.wang@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>> ok, here the bug is that computeInverse() expect a PlainMatrixType which
>> in your case is equivalent to TinyRMatrix but without the DontAlign option.
>> Yes that's a bug in Eigen.
>> But now, I'm wondering why computeInverse is not a template function ?
>> Think about submatrices, or, e.g., to perform:
>> m.transpose().computeInverse(inv); - here m.transpose() is row major and so
>> computeInverse will expect a row major matrix.
>> Moreover I'm wondering whether computeInverse() is still useful since we
>> can make inv = a.inverse() works in place just like compute inverse.
> Ah, I didn't try directly inverse() and it does work so I'll change my code
> to use inverse. thanks!
This change (making inverse() work in place) isn't implemented yet!
You can use inverse() already but it'll be a few weeks before this is
as efficient as computeInverse.