|Re: [eigen] Eigen::FFT and Eigen::Complex in repo|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen::FFT and Eigen::Complex in repo
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:21:45 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=OJ4nQPFEIxvpXgQIQZVtYikK3hSL+/jQZK0bfqM6mh0=; b=kCJFudGr4jIEmn7atsNWsYT9J68n278mMn1y9pjFnHFP/zZae9dx9Zh292GuZJwidn vYPfktxYEwllDycaZbUFYJjvWBAi5dRXhsRun75h5YUZ01EChOpKgcfD3eOThN9B81V4 AMGSZBIEowrHF/lODFpo+fHzivAl55xgRRJWA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TSSwziDeRSjniqmJvPZx+jqdmrzG9IJKB+D0ploNO5/grED3SPmB1od8BBcv86i5E8 vHtdRug34C+s6Uf9ziCCIwrxnZUc67I9bZAhekZURCBdrwKqwgry5w3qR1wuUru+uiiT MO6wBAaXEUzxZzRwEY7yB1eNTfTorO70rPBv4=
2009/10/21 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 2009/10/21 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> For example we're soon going to replace namespace Eigen to "ei" and
>>>> now it pays off to have centralized that.
>>> Please no. Eigen is so much better than "ei" :| AFAIK, major c++
>>> libraries (apart from perhaps the stl) avoid unix like naming
>>> conventions :)
>> Here are 2 big reasons why ei is better:
>> * Eigen::Vector3f was bad because it sounded like "eigenvector".
> Not a problem, if you ask me.
OK but it's a problem for other people. I can understand that it's a
matter of taste.
>> * Eigen with the capital letter was cumbersome to type on the
>> keyboard, ei will just be more convenient.
> so make it eigen, :P
> More importantly, I think it needs changes to code that are non-essential..
In Eigen itself, it only needs to change 1 line per module.
In user code, well the user can always do:
#define Eigen ei
for easy porting.