|Re: [eigen] Map: introduce "AlignedPointer" flag?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Map: introduce "AlignedPointer" flag?
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:46:58 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=xx6CAtuPwMINrKoRZTJiikXWB4ClT2vV3GjotXC37ww=; b=kqbW5IhH+wpZZjwIAm6e6l2Lt3hekxeUYfSW9dBEDPmXxpdCbl77b+US263OGnmZ/O pV73OIocRToVKI7gB+cNfMA5iYN4H48l4Q6NXcOvfx1jHrZHglJSehdU6laZn2l1aPc1 ninG8hY3oZOyAYx70mk5iM+4QryNqN/brqlA8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=QY3/soDa+togI77dLNz/9aXGzgw/bkaggr12w9qzKNKbmq6JNYETUT6EtamVlCmvdR xsDx0VBdmJCn2YI1qn9RBMH+i+YMug+UCgvl7EZF5kUvlcYaOh9Loh+SjtylD57qjVbP r3KirQu8jrKvH1B+WrTcE5opxDDZctINQ3m+c=
If I understand this correctly, this is about making fixed size
objects vectorizable with Map's? If not, then it is on my wishlist.
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is for Gael. Currently in Map, what's the precise meaning of
> "ForceAligned" ? Is it:
> " If you use packet access, then use aligned packet access " ?
> If yes, is it correct to say that at the moment we don't offer any way
> to tell that the pointer passed to Map is aligned, and that therefore
> we may enable packet access also e.g. for good fixed sizes? I remember
> you saying something like "we need a FirstAligned flag", were you
> talking about that? What do you think about calling that
> AlignedPointer and renaming ForceAligned to ForceAlignedAccess ?
> Finally, can you remind me what the use case for ForceAligned is, if
> we have AlignedPointer?
> If you tell me all that I can try to get that done ;)
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology