|[eigen] backporting the vectorized quaternion product to 2.0 ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] backporting the vectorized quaternion product to 2.0 ?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:20:34 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=auNHyc+A0jBCz8pqmht7LsYh3tZSxN6rUIL3A5vR6mY=; b=fMSCdrFNi+zisKjgDAakT4ILYK3Rmb4sYdWMrvvimbqVlwXpLuw9BevU48x4zrWY3E CpoygcYAAC0b56pXQ+kHymt+ZFrrWFM7f+CVppS/TXjA6tYR4Ep+3s2ADQz3HUBN5qSN Lm0KCMCoZGeQFMNiUHf+HpddOjj5NUNURqzKs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=bRIUzjP2EMv4s8SkKiMLVPy5itEwJl+b3KCjZoCHeefMOfZS7tfX4sG3HOWUWIL8nt MK41A9HWOO7giQCRouoGp3mQYlaThRTPRnVYe5MNrEwzSOF0LxRz2vaH7s36BwRE9T33 z1NFBzR+gTkTe/VuF9AI4GfdALGlhut0rQ0yk=
We have users (at Celestia) who are very interested in the performance
gain from Rohit's vectorized quaternion product, and are considering
backporting it themselves.
I'm OK personnally to backporting it to 2.0, I can do it, i'd just
like to know if anybody has a strong feeling against doing that, or if
there's a big technical difficulty there.
1) it's not dangerous as long as it's covered by a unit test
2) it's a cool feature and as the next major version takes a long time
to prepare, it's nice to backport some cool features.