|Re: [eigen] backporting the vectorized quaternion product to 2.0 ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] backporting the vectorized quaternion product to 2.0 ?
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:27:06 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=A5T1ufbAuI66A/gTFjRmmLvt+5g43eT65yZf9AlOzMo=; b=jqN9zzFfKOZ2OYzW27eFRpVTr/17wFzCBI3DE+vXbFXUGnM+YZGA22ManWo5KQI147 IywgZ47HXI74kLWBbH/ktcH0k6NXf5JG5l+ueXWRCiXpOqtq94EovV9TbYx/pc9KrRbp sOE7zMQc8F4hdYHf1VBlaymNZgBRakSAsxTaA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=IYHoZnlvPi65wx+5AV5JMQRmXkG0FLwKU/3PW5ZDYY35/J14Vakr141aIBg7cZaQFx LdqpDV4uJkhyenNvRwO+cG2lbSe+Yxj7r/LZwDXv+EBONSM+g1bFiF8ccLjaHTM6GEfv Ae/cdEhhSKWDol+Epe44OnGFGgK2BawrgYcME=
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have users (at Celestia) who are very interested in the performance
> gain from Rohit's vectorized quaternion product, and are considering
> backporting it themselves.
> I'm OK personnally to backporting it to 2.0, I can do it, i'd just
> like to know if anybody has a strong feeling against doing that, or if
> there's a big technical difficulty there.
> 1) it's not dangerous as long as it's covered by a unit test
> 2) it's a cool feature and as the next major version takes a long time
> to prepare, it's nice to backport some cool features.
ok for me.