|Re: [eigen] QR factorization question|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] QR factorization question
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:15:15 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SsL5n/5Zl16xPZwRt7/F9EGI42EflZziOAZ9N4Egkqo=; b=Um4vlWIgEc1qqN4t0Gn/3V3jB2Lu8Tj7XvXUnEXP2T8qpkFL7UVtzmT45Hl9TPUosQ F7zOJMTskaCobKef1kqaL/S4V4fZW3sPaBmUPJPFtI5l5TnBqmvC0flRCgRNp6Qvd0qN wYa+K9e4S0ob7YR4DwIM/8gmFbLPiGhkseNo8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=LBXQS3ewhldrIUutrfMeukeFNIJw2qNAgbr3l1z6Mgpljq3cKXBjmfHCypYcky/2C4 tw0iGMjzIRhYGZdGFxlgWB17G7536PXMM1pNd7u3mG0q/Rt/Y/7m1h3FTicSbUh1mYee wNS9I9saqtEIKLp5qP+6aaHTbZXuKFH5IZPs4=
2009/8/27 Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Eric Chu wrote:
>> great! that solved my problem.
>> i have another issue though: A is a skinny matrix (m > n), and the matrix
>> is square (m x m).
>> how do i retrieve the appropriate Q matrix that goes with my (now) upper
>> triangular R? (i.e. A = [Q1 Q2] [R1; 0]--or the "economy size
>> in Matlab)
> To get "economy size decomposition", you just have to select the right
Thanks for the explanation, that was helpful to me too :)
We still want to offer an API for that as it's really inefficient to
have to construct the whole Q matrix only to take a block in it. Will
think about that...