|Re: [eigen] QR factorization question|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] QR factorization question
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:41:43 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=8yJ+ydPTCgNwFP1KKecY5UoLGigA5H03fYmgpWMcZoY=; b=jayip5nktGzxc6MA5i24/XnfFoKfaTzY6ZSrYHu2AluXIlLfTOEaB/PJHoMDj1y/Gj cqBAbQyjgB9RCpyg71csMVuXVHBMtsz3A8Vo9uR9c3rU1gOyslhoLEic/8xnYAJ9D7ki 4CWpNmHMj+iPwn7gQuRvZ4nP/FkDH1NViYSe8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=JaT9fFY6o0XRyg5gKZcFmRimougbjk89/761uzOweT6iamo8FhEP777s/W3ppnHJ4+ ie5irOp+q2Zr/2qTT6eUxI4QnKF6w+zdHiVms/U95YpjeWzW2TRF5EeLeOT86J58rvyO 12CFYiaKH67WLD3KiWYPN1DUOwc/w85otpsmY=
2009/8/26 Eric Chu <eytchu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> hi all,
> thanks for the great work. i recently updated my version of eigen, and the
> api's changed a bit from before.
> more specifically, the qr factorization module has changed. i was wondering
> how i'd go about retrieving the upper triangular matrix "R" from a qr
> that is, if i have an m x n matrix A, and i call
> R = A.householderQr().matrixR();
> the API seems to have deprecated this function call. i think i can call
> matrixQR() instead, but it's no longer upper triangular. any pointers?
Yes, matrixR() is removed at the moment, we may reintroduce it in the
future though once we support trapezoid matrices.
Meawhile you can retrive R as the upper triangular part of matrixQR().
R = A.householderQr().matrixQR().triangularView<UpperTriangular>();