|Re: [eigen] More CDash adaptions...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marcus D. Hanwell" <marcus@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] More CDash adaptions...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:46:53 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=AnsI3sDVX5wvnegeuj83U+qg5N/61PJ1rwpT5UAZOFg=; b=EVdmmIfvl6b7ekSnPdfQxP5YJn6iS2sGBuMrTXdiuebL4sedirmmXXjkOBUYF4pS3L lJbSM9/Zv83Yf9L8xdDBnO3Hzq8OFDwfhi3/VRxh4x76nP0JD/c6pUKCwUEP5JkXxQy+ EuRXaAz3J1/1Z+8YKv3ZB8W1oUzgMzeQ1dtaE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=wjepRMsN0wUnNr1njyTnIkUo6+Zw7+/5KNtdhiWQJW8wb+69aq2C8UFIZFRtBqVcpz xdt9f6399+UH1rJhDv9NenCK7Gzv7+DDGcBTstjuS4C5LlWGfgQ1Kbted87fsJS5oMmy i3vZa5/njGAL8rdDG/WjPUFezx+EaT9jJfYR8=
I'm really not competent at all on these matters, sorry.
You should ask Marcus, as he's working on CMake. I CC him...
2009/8/30 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I recognized very long build times on my machine and tried to look
> into improving them. There, I recognized that the generator is fixed
> to NMake on Windows systems. Does this have a particular reason? I
> quickly tried the "Visual Studio 9 2008" generator and my build times
> dropped by 10 minutes (~33%). In case nobody objects I would like to
> add an optional parameter for the test suite that allows to
> specify/overwrite the generator. Any remarks or am I good to go?
> Another thing, I tried out the idea suggested by Frank, i.e. to add
> different CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS since for new visual studio versions there
> exists an /MP flag that enables building different source files in
> parallel as opposed to building different projects in parallel.
> Unfortunately, it did not work as expected. Here is what I tried to
> add to the testsuite.cmake file:
> SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "/MP")
> If anybody has ideas why this failed please let me know.
> - Hauke