|[eigen] More CDash adaptions...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] More CDash adaptions...
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 13:37:50 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=qkhCZGyht/iHB2QInHD/XGMuyDuNvOF0bxrI4ip4PXk=; b=OXs74/Qh/6efvqHZ6PaOW49CxkztLWwgqzJjNZhJjgOzgHYtSEQ0l8S9j2KMqrdsgI gCi6IlU1JlTR30zJF2JrRLQhG9hrjsrmGn34j3lhaSTeyaui0Pn6I84FC1kdb0q2u6JA ZHf3CbaN3ms1tgVx3b9HSL5lVSgUz1+xfAOk0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=C/PpGuOgZDx1/RoDhjMk/BwrhWPtxZcfBzfhBZZ0rAjpvSbzoyAbmWcwosqm+lSVp8 zA7CCgfpQyxTJP0X3/oPgFGsGWcj+oW/5tyMHN9y+eVudSd8RHw0OWMI+mg0qGOPU8PN oNlCT77H7I05Cahk9AS7WYTF/jVwljBkQADlM=
I recognized very long build times on my machine and tried to look
into improving them. There, I recognized that the generator is fixed
to NMake on Windows systems. Does this have a particular reason? I
quickly tried the "Visual Studio 9 2008" generator and my build times
dropped by 10 minutes (~33%). In case nobody objects I would like to
add an optional parameter for the test suite that allows to
specify/overwrite the generator. Any remarks or am I good to go?
Another thing, I tried out the idea suggested by Frank, i.e. to add
different CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS since for new visual studio versions there
exists an /MP flag that enables building different source files in
parallel as opposed to building different projects in parallel.
Unfortunately, it did not work as expected. Here is what I tried to
add to the testsuite.cmake file:
If anybody has ideas why this failed please let me know.