|Re: [eigen] State of eigen support for small integers(16 bit, signed/unsigned)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] State of eigen support for small integers(16 bit, signed/unsigned)
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:09:01 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=E1jyeGW2NVFzY1KlSRcPLLSzGDpl+XgR1zJKhQnSXSg=; b=L3VXURYhAYycPhAEdGaKOtEc9ngvblzgn78+8Ma54jadzfS3hG/px63UQfCT9ee28N vHqJzmc4a/obiwqme7SWirNSV6CSIjnYIF+mvFoUUihiVi7FfUPRAmq65769Mwq+QHJG hpki5tV4GDj7hrZafw2wAjYNuQ6AVLa/NdEnc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=W16W1ScdUn31Ojp4bi2BX4ftS+ZMOMJ9uri3tY8x0XWMaluF9qPlo9h1Br3FMQorKB o3Lv6NN+sohdjTZDoXBTBjoEmrYyyDaJ7hWBpMD0X8kLeKEW2CNpgS7vq6fgzWIwxD81 KXC+fBz8Q8jTwwJCCbIgFLEwmsBIb9NpYhXAU=
2009/8/20 Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What about shifts?
Oh, actually, it looks like we don't have any support for bitwise
shift at all. So you would have to add that feature from scratch. See
the file Functors.h in Core or Array, you have to add a functor for
that. This will be used as a CwiseUnaryOp so you could take the
existing unary operations (like cwise().pow(x) since it too takes a
parameter) as a starting point.
It's not clear to me yet where this should end -- should we:
1) put the short int types with the others and the bitwise ops in Array
2) start a new module SmallInts and put all that there ?